Director of Nursing (DON)
Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents. Ensures quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards.
Summary of Duties
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget for facility. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
- Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to ensure facility can provide appropriate level of care.
- Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Benefits at a glance:
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Accident Insurance
- Storms of Life
- Post-Employment College Program
- Critical Care with Cancer Coverage
- CEU Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee Referral Program