Early Childhood Therapist/CMT
Beech Brook, one of Northeast Ohio's premier behavioral agencies, is currently hiring an LSW level clinician for our Early Childhood Therapy program. This position will provide primarily family focused therapy to children between 0 and 6 years of age who present with DC:0-3R or DSM diagnosis. Therapy services will be delivered in the home and office. The candidate should be familiar with common childhood diagnosis such as Adjustment Disorders, Disruptive Behavior Disorders, Mood Disorder NOS and PTSD.
Location: Cleveland, Ohio (Buckeye Area)
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- This position will provide both office based Treatment and home based Early Childhood Mental Health therapy to at risk children ages 0-6 (and caregivers) who present with mental health diagnoses from the DC:03R and DSM.
- Conduct a thorough mental health assessment, including diagnoses, treatment planning and linkage, as needed to appropriate internal and external services
- Complete daily progress notes and other Medicaid documentation within proper timeframes
- Develop client/family focused treatment plans and review for progress
- Partner with both internal and external service providers in implementing and evaluating client/family progress
- Develop effective relationships in order to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Provide monthly Mental Health Consultation for assigned CEOGC contract members
Education and Licensure requirements:
- Masters Degree
- LSW, LPC
- Experience working with at risk children ages 0-6yrs and their families
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
- An ability to successfully engage families of diverse cultures/communities
- Skilled in using computer software applications such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage a full caseload
- Ability to work within a team approach
- Must have a valid OH driver's license with no more than 5 points and 24/7 availability.
- LISW, PC
- Knowledge of DECA principles, DC-03R and CBCL a plus as well as 1 year of experience working with the early childhood population
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience with electronic medical records documentation such as progress notes, treatment plans and other necessary clinical documentation.
Beech Brook is a trauma Informed Care Organization that values employees with appreciation for the impact of trauma and its relevance to the agency's clients and staff.
Beech Brook is an equal opportunity employer.
Related positions and fields: Social Work, Social Worker, Therapist, Therapy, Counseling, Counselor and Behavioral Health